The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-3217. Volunteer health services registration; health professionals; free medical clinic
A. A health profession regulatory board in this state may issue a volunteer health services registration to allow a health professional who is not a licensee to practice in this state for a total of up to fourteen days each calendar year if the health professional meets all of the following requirements:
1. Holds an active and unrestricted license in a state, territory or possession of the United States.
2. Has never had a license revoked or suspended.
3. Is not the subject of an unresolved complaint.
4. Applies for registration every two years as prescribed by the board.
5. Agrees to render services at a free medical clinic that does not provide abortions and restricts the health professional's authorized services and duties to the provision of care or service at a free medical clinic.
6. Provides only the care or services that the health professional is licensed or authorized to provide by the health professional's regulatory agency or this state's regulatory board for the same health profession, whichever is more stringent.
B. The fourteen days of practice prescribed by subsection A of this section may be performed consecutively or cumulatively during each calendar year.
C. For the purpose of meeting the requirements of subsection A of this section, an applicant shall provide the appropriate health profession regulatory board the name of each state in which the person is licensed or has held a license and the board shall verify with the applicable regulatory agency of each state that the applicant is licensed or has held a license, has never had the license revoked or suspended and is not the subject of an unresolved complaint. The board may accept the verification of the information required by subsection A, paragraphs 1, 2 and 3 of this section from each of the other state's regulatory agencies either electronically or by hard copy.
D. A health profession regulatory board issuing a volunteer health services registration pursuant to this section may not charge a fee.
E. A health profession regulatory board may immediately suspend or revoke a registration issued pursuant to this section on receiving proof satisfactory to the health profession regulatory board that the holder of the registration has engaged in practice in this state that is outside the scope of the registration or that grounds exist for action against the holder of the registration under the relevant chapter of this title. The holder of a registration may request a hearing to challenge the suspension or revocation of a registration in the manner permitted for appealable agency actions under title 41, chapter 6, article 10.