The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-2815 - Rules; bone densitometry certification; nuclear medicine certification; continuing education
32-2815. Rules; bone densitometry certification; nuclear medicine certification; continuing education
A. The department shall adopt rules regarding the certification of practical technologists in bone densitometry to allow the certificate holder to apply ionizing radiation to a person's extremities through the use of a bone densitometry machine. The rules shall prescribe:
1. The minimum education and training qualifications for certification. The qualifications prescribed by the department shall allow a person who does not meet the education and training requirements of a radiologic technologist or a practical technologist in radiology to obtain a certificate as a practical technologist in bone densitometry.
2. The application and renewal fees.
B. Subsection A of this section does not prohibit a radiologic technologist or a practical technologist in radiology from operating a bone densitometry machine.
C. A person who wishes to practice as a nuclear medicine technologist must apply to the department for certification as prescribed by rule. The department shall adopt rules to establish minimum educational and training requirements for nuclear medicine technologists.
D. The department shall adopt rules to prescribe the following minimum continuing education requirements for the renewal of the following certificates:
1. Practical technologist in podiatry, two hours every two years.
2. Practical technologist in radiology, six hours every two years.
3. Practical technologist in bone densitometry, two hours every two years.
4. Unlimited practical technologist in radiology, twenty-four hours every two years.
5. Nuclear medicine technologist, twenty-four hours every two years.
6. Radiologist assistant, fifty hours every two years.
7. Radiologic technologist, twenty-four hours every two years.
8. Radiation therapy technologist, twenty-four hours every two years.
E. The department may require an applicant for renewal to document compliance with the appropriate continuing education requirements of subsection D of this section.