The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-2640 - Grounds for refusal to issue or renew an agency license; judicial review; good cause exceptions
32-2640. Grounds for refusal to issue or renew an agency license; judicial review; good cause exceptions
A. Except as provided in subsection E of this section, the department may deny the issuance or renewal of an agency license if the individual applicant or, if the applicant is other than an individual, any qualifying party:
1. Does not meet the requirements prescribed in section 32-2612.
2. Has committed any act that, if committed by a licensee, would be grounds for the suspension or revocation of a license pursuant to this chapter.
3. Has been refused a license under this chapter, or had such a license revoked or has been an associate of any applicant or licensee who has been refused a license under this chapter or who has had a license revoked.
4. While not licensed under this chapter, has committed or aided and abetted the commission of any act for which a registration certificate is required by this chapter or has acted, or attempted to act, as a private security guard service or a security guard.
5. Has knowingly made any false statement in the application.
6. Failed to provide adequate verification of required experience.
B. The denial of the issuance of an agency license or identification card under this chapter shall be in writing and shall describe the basis for the denial. The denial notice shall inform the applicant that if the applicant desires a hearing by the board to contest the denial, the applicant shall submit the request in writing to the department within thirty calendar days after service of the denial. Service is complete on the mailing of the denial to the address listed on the application.
C. Except as provided in section 41-1092.08, subsection H, final decisions of the director are subject to judicial review pursuant to title 12, chapter 7, article 6.
D. If an applicant is denied an agency license, the applicant may petition the board for a good cause exception.
E. If the board granted a licensee a good cause exception pursuant to section 32-2609, the department may not deny the licensee's renewal application based on factors already reviewed by the board when granting the good cause exception.