The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-2623. Application for employee registration certificate
A. Every application for an employee registration certificate must set forth verified information to assist the department in determining the applicant's ability to meet the requirements set forth in this chapter, as follows:
1. The full name and address of the applicant.
2. Fingerprints of the applicant of a quality and number prescribed by the department for the purpose of obtaining state and federal criminal records checks pursuant to section 41-1750 and Public Law 92-544. The department may exchange this fingerprint data with the federal bureau of investigation. The department may conduct periodic state criminal history checks to ensure continued qualification under this chapter.
3. Photographs of the applicant of a number and type prescribed by the department.
4. Such other information, evidence, statements or documents as may reasonably be required by the department.
B. An application for an original or renewal security guard, armed security guard, security guard training instructor or firearms safety training instructor registration certificate shall be accompanied by:
1. The fees prescribed pursuant to section 32-2607.
2. A statement from the applicant's employer requesting and authorizing armed security guard registration status for the applicant.
C. If an application is incomplete, the department shall notify the applicant pursuant to section 41-1074. If the department requires additional information to make a decision on registration, the department shall notify the applicant pursuant to section 41-1075. The department shall send notices issued under this subsection to the applicant's last known residential address and shall include sufficient information to assist the applicant to complete the application process. The applicant has forty-five calendar days from the date of notification to provide the additional documentation. If the applicant fails to respond within forty-five calendar days, the application and any certificates issued are automatically suspended until the department receives the necessary documentation to approve or deny the application.