The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. A full-service wholesale permittee that engages in the wholesale distribution of prescription-only drugs into, within or from this state must maintain a bond as required by federal law and have a designated representative. If the full-service wholesale permittee changes its designated representative, the new designated representative must possess and submit a valid fingerprint clearance card before the change in representation is made.
B. The designated representative of a full-service wholesale permittee must:
1. Be at least twenty-one years of age.
2. Be employed by the full-service wholesale permittee in a managerial level position.
3. Be actively involved in the daily operation of the wholesale distribution of prescription-only drugs.
4. Be physically present at the full-service wholesale permittee facility during regular business hours unless the absence of the designated representative is authorized.
5. Serve as a designated representative for only one full-service wholesale permittee.
6. Not have any criminal convictions under any federal, state or local laws relating to wholesale or retail prescription-only drug distribution or distribution of controlled substances.
7. Possess a valid fingerprint clearance card issued pursuant to title 41, chapter 12, article 3.1.
C. For the purposes of this article, a full-service wholesale permittee does not include a hospital, chain pharmacy warehouse or third-party logistics provider.