The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-1603. Qualifications of board members
A. Each registered nurse member of the board shall:
1. Be a resident of the state.
2. Be a graduate of an approved registered nursing program.
3. Be licensed as a registered nurse in this state.
4. Have had at least five years' experience in nursing following graduation, including executive, supervisory or teaching experience in nursing education or nursing service.
5. Have been actively engaged in the practice of nursing or nursing activities for at least three years preceding the appointment.
B. Each licensed practical nurse member of the board shall:
1. Be a resident of this state.
2. Be a graduate of an approved practical nursing program.
3. Be licensed as a licensed practical nurse in this state.
4. Have had at least five years' experience in practical nursing following graduation.
5. Have been actively engaged in the practice of nursing for at least three years preceding the appointment.
C. Each public member of the board shall be a person who:
1. Is not licensed pursuant to chapter 7, 8, 11, 13, 14, 15.1, 16, 17, 18, 19, 19.1, 21, 25 or 29 of this title or this chapter as an individual health care provider.
2. Is not an employee of any health care institution licensed pursuant to title 36, chapter 4 or any authorized insurer providing disability insurance coverage in this state.
3. Does not have a financial interest as a provider in the delivery of health care services.
D. Each licensed nursing assistant or certified nursing assistant member of the board shall either:
1. Be a licensed nursing assistant or a certified nursing assistant pursuant to this chapter and currently practice or have practiced within three years before initial appointment to the board.
2. Within one year before appointment to the board, have been employed as an instructor or coordinator in an approved licensed nursing assistant or certified nursing assistant training program.
E. For at least three years preceding appointment to the board, each registered nurse practitioner or clinical nurse specialist member shall be certified pursuant to this chapter and actively practicing as a registered nurse practitioner, actively engaged in a clinical nurse specialist practice or teaching.
F. Each member of the board shall take and subscribe to the oath prescribed by law for state officers, which shall be filed with the secretary of state.