The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
32-1436. Fees and penalty
A. The board shall by a formal vote, at its annual fall meeting, establish nonrefundable fees and penalties that do not exceed the following:
1. For processing an application for an active license, seven hundred dollars.
2. For issuance of an active license, seven hundred dollars.
3. For an application to reactivate an inactive status license, five hundred dollars.
4. For issuance of a duplicate license, fifty dollars.
5. For renewal of an active license, seven hundred dollars.
6. For late renewal of an active license, an eight hundred dollar penalty.
7. For annual registration of an approved internship, residency, clinical fellowship program or short-term residency program, fifty dollars.
8. For an annual teaching license at an approved school of medicine or at an approved teaching hospital's accredited graduate medical education program, four hundred dollars.
9. For a five day educational teaching permit at an approved school of medicine or at an approved teaching hospital's accredited graduate medical education program, one hundred dollars.
10. For locum tenens registration, five hundred dollars.
11. For the sale of those copies of the annual medical directory that are not distributed free of charge, thirty dollars.
12. For the sale of the annual medical directory on CD-ROM, one hundred dollars.
13. For the sale of computerized tapes or diskettes not requiring programming, one hundred dollars.
14. For verification of a license, ten dollars.
15. For a copy of the minutes to board meetings during the current calendar year, twenty-five dollars for each set of minutes.
16. For copying records, documents, letters, minutes, applications and files, one dollar for the first three pages and twenty-five cents for each additional page.
17. For initial and annual registration to dispense drugs and devices, two hundred dollars.
18. For renewal applications that the board returns to the licensee for proper completion, a fee that does not exceed the cost of processing the incomplete application.
B. The board shall charge additional fees for services that are not required to be provided by this chapter but that the board deems necessary and appropriate to carry out its intent and purpose, except that these fees shall not exceed the actual cost of providing those services.
C. Notwithstanding subsection A of this section, the board may return the license renewal fee on special request.
D. The board shall provide computerized tapes or diskettes free to the management information systems office of the Arizona health care cost containment system.
E. The fee for minutes provided pursuant to this section includes postage. Annual subscription requests and fees for minutes shall be paid before February 1 of each year. Subscriptions for minutes of board meetings are not available for past years.
F. The fee for copying provided in this section includes postage. Copying fees for subpoenaed records shall be as prescribed in section 12-351.
G. The board may collect from the drawer of a dishonored check, draft order or note an amount allowed pursuant to section 44-6852.