The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. An applicant for an instructor license shall file the following with the board:
1. A written application on a form prescribed by the board.
2. Evidence satisfactory to the board that the applicant possesses the necessary qualifications.
B. An applicant shall:
1. Be at least nineteen years of age.
2. Hold a diploma from a high school or its equivalent as prescribed by the board in its rules.
3. Pass an examination given under the direction of the board.
4. Pay the prescribed fees.
5. Have practiced barbering for at least two years.
C. An applicant who holds a valid instructor's license to instruct barber students issued by another state which has, in the opinion of the board, licensure requirements which are substantially equivalent to the requirements of this state and which grants similar reciprocal privileges to barbers licensed by this state and who has at least one year's experience as a licensed instructor is exempt from subsection B, paragraph 3.