The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
1. Make and adopt rules that are necessary or proper to administer this chapter, including sanitary and safety requirements for schools and shops or salons, sanitary and safety standards for the practice of barbering and mobile unit requirements.
2. Administer and enforce this chapter and rules adopted pursuant to this chapter.
3. Maintain a record of its acts and proceedings, including issuance, refusal, renewal, suspension and revocation of licenses, and a record of the name, address and license date of each licensee.
4. Keep the records of the board open to public inspection at all reasonable times.
5. Furnish a copy of its rules to a barber or to the owner or manager of each shop or salon on request.
6. Have a seal, the imprint of which is used to evidence its official acts.
7. Prescribe minimum school curriculum requirements.
8. Approve a barber as a mentor based on the barber's record of compliance with this chapter. The board may not condition the approval on the barber's payment of an additional fee or completion of an additional requirement.
B. The board may inspect the premises of any school, shop or salon during business hours.