The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Council" means the Arizona iceberg lettuce research council.
2. "Grower-shipper" means a person who is engaged in this state in the business of packing, shipping, transporting or selling iceberg lettuce of which he is a grower, producer or owner.
3. "Handler" means a person who engages in marketing iceberg lettuce on behalf of a grower, whether as a grower-shipper, owner, agent, employee, broker, dealer, consignor or commission merchant or otherwise.
4. "Iceberg lettuce" means varieties of lettuce produced in this state of the types which are distinguished as "crisphead" in the publication entitled "lettuce production in the United States, agricultural handbook no. 221", August 1974 revision, issued by the agricultural research service of the United States department of agriculture. Iceberg lettuce does not include the types of lettuce distinguished in such publication by the terms "butterhead", "cos or romaine" and "looseleaf".
5. "Producer" means a person engaged in this state in the business of producing or causing to be produced iceberg lettuce.