In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Citrus" means varieties of the genus citrus commercially produced in this state for the fresh market but does not include commercially produced by-products or products manufactured for resale.
2. "Council" means the Arizona citrus research council.
3. "Department" means the Arizona department of agriculture.
4. "Grower-shipper" means a person who is engaged in this state in the business of packing, shipping, transporting or selling citrus of which he is a grower, producer or owner.
5. "Handler" means a person who engages in marketing citrus on behalf of a grower, whether as a grower-shipper, owner, agent, employee, broker, dealer, consignor or commission merchant or otherwise.
6. "Producer" means a person engaged in this state in the business of commercially producing or causing citrus to be commercially produced.