The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Associate director" means the associate director of the citrus, fruit and vegetable division of the department.
2. "Bulk lot" means citrus fruit that is not contained in a box, carton, crate or lug but may be contained in a bin or a similar container and is set apart from citrus fruit that is packaged in containers authorized pursuant to this article or rules adopted pursuant to this article.
3. "By-products" means any product from citrus fruit that is commercially processed or manufactured for resale.
4. "Citrus" or "citrus fruit" means the fruit of any orange, lemon, lime, grapefruit, tangerine, kumquat or other citrus tree that produces edible citrus fruit suitable for human consumption.
5. "Commission merchant" means a person that receives on consignment or solicits from the producer any citrus fruit for sale on commission on behalf of the producer or accepts any citrus fruit in trust from the producer for the purpose of resale. Commission merchant does not include a shipper.
6. "Containers" or "packages" means any container used for packing, shipping or selling citrus fruit.
7. "Dealer" means a person that sells, markets or distributes citrus fruit that the person purchased from a producer or markets as an agent, broker or commission merchant, except at retail. Dealer does not include a shipper.
8. "Lot" means a unit of identical or similar items that are grouped or consolidated in one or more containers for packaging or transporting or a cluster of identical or similar items that are included in the same shipping order, bill of lading or other itemized transport order.
9. "Packer" means a person, other than a producer, shipper or dealer, that is engaged in the business of packing any citrus fruit.
10. "Person" includes an individual, firm, association, partnership, trust or corporation.
11. "Producer" means a person that is engaged in this state in the business of producing or causing citrus fruit to be produced for market in commercial quantities.
12. "Shipper" means a person that ships, transports, sells or markets citrus fruit under the person's registered trademark or label or a person that first markets the citrus fruit on behalf of the producer. Shipper does not include a commission merchant.