The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-8521 - Joint powers airport authority; agreement; board of directors
28-8521. Joint powers airport authority; agreement; board of directors
A. In connection with the closing of a military facility after 1990, two or more cities, towns, Indian tribes or counties may enter into an agreement to establish a joint powers airport authority. A board of directors shall operate and govern the airport authority. The board of directors is composed of persons appointed by the governing body of the cities, towns, Indian tribes or counties that are members of the airport authority.
B. The agreement pursuant to this section shall specify the following:
1. The property to be owned and operated by the airport authority.
2. The appointment of members to the board of directors by each member of the airport authority.
3. The voting method of the board of directors, including whether the board members will have weighted or equal voting.
4. The method for adoption of the airport authority's annual operating budget by the members of the airport authority and the proportion of the airport authority's annual operating budget to be provided by each member, including any adjustment to the proportion if a member withdraws from the airport authority or another city, town, Indian tribe or county subsequently joins the airport authority.
5. Termination of the airport authority and the disposal of property and indebtedness on the termination of the airport authority.
6. Procedures for withdrawals from and admissions to membership in the airport authority.
7. Amendments or modifications to the agreement.
8. The airport authority's fiscal year.
9. Other terms as the members of the airport authority deem necessary, appropriate or convenient.
C. The chairperson of the board of directors of the airport authority shall annually present a report of the activities of the airport authority to the house of representatives ways and means committee and the senate finance committee or their successor committees.