The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-8413 - Acceptance by state, cities, towns or counties of federal or other aid
28-8413. Acceptance by state, cities, towns or counties of federal or other aid
A. This state or a county, city or town may:
1. Accept and receive federal and other monies, either public or private, for the acquisition, construction, enlargement, improvement, maintenance, equipment or operation of airports, other air navigation facilities and sites for airports and other navigational facilities.
2. Comply with laws and regulations of the United States for the expenditure of federal monies on airports and air navigation facilities.
B. The governing body of a city or town or the board of supervisors of a county may:
1. Designate the department as its agent to:
(a) Accept and receive federal monies in its behalf for airport and other air navigation facility purposes.
(b) Contract for acquisition, construction, enlargement, improvement, maintenance, equipment or operation of the airports or other air navigation facilities.
2. Enter into an agreement with the authority prescribing the terms and conditions of the agency prescribed in paragraph 1 of this subsection in accordance with federal laws and regulations and applicable laws of this state.
C. Monies paid by the United States shall be paid to the city, town or county under the terms and conditions that are imposed by the United States in making the grant.
D. Contracts for acquisition, construction, enlargement, improvement, maintenance, equipment or operation of airports or other air navigation facilities that are made by the state, county, city or town itself or that are made through the department:
1. Shall be made pursuant to the laws governing the making of like contracts.
2. If the acquisition, construction, improvement, enlargement, maintenance, equipment or operation is financed wholly or partly with federal monies, may be let in the manner prescribed by the federal authorities acting under the laws and regulations of the United States, notwithstanding any state law.