The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. Within thirty days after a toll evasion occurs, the toll operator may deliver to each person liable for the toll a notice of toll evasion.
B. The notice of toll evasion shall include all of the following:
1. The date and approximate time of the transaction on or use of the toll facility resulting in the toll evasion and the approximate location where the transaction or use occurred.
2. The vehicle license plate number.
3. If known, the make of the motor vehicle.
4. If possible, a representative photograph or image of the license plate on the motor vehicle that incurred the toll transaction.
5. The amount of the toll and any administrative charges and penalties, each stated separately.
6. A statement that notice of payment due was sent and the person failed to remit payment as required.
7. The deadline by which payment must be made to avoid incurring additional charges and other consequences provided by law. This deadline shall not be less than twenty calendar days after the date that the notice of toll evasion is delivered.
8. A statement that if the notice of toll evasion is not paid by the deadline the nonpayment is a civil violation subject to additional charges and actions against the notice recipient as provided in this article and any other applicable law.
9. The address of the person to whom payments may be sent.
10. A statement describing the acceptable methods for making payment, including by mail.
11. A clear and concise explanation of the administrative procedures under this article for contesting the notice of toll evasion and appealing an adverse decision.
12. A statement referring the recipient to this article for further information on the law applicable to enforcement of tolls and the recipient's rights and obligations.