The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Excise taxes" means all unrestricted excise, transaction, franchise, privilege and business taxes, state shared sales and income taxes, fees for licenses and permits and state revenue sharing that are levied and paid by a political subdivision or contributed, levied or paid to the political subdivision and not earmarked by the contributor or the political subdivision for a contrary or inconsistent purpose.
2. "Political subdivision" means a county, city, town or special taxing district established pursuant to section 48-5102 to construct or assist in the construction of a transportation project.
3. "Transportation project" means all or a portion of a project that is included in the state's transportation improvement program or a regional transportation plan, as defined in section 28-6351, including the project planning, environmental work, design, right-of-way acquisition or construction for the transportation project and associated rolling stock and operating systems.
4. "Transportation project advance agreement" means a written agreement, entered into in accordance with section 28-7677 and section 9-500.17, 11-269.03 or 48-5122, between one or more political subdivisions and the department, a regional planning agency, metropolitan planning organization or council of governments or a designated grant recipient under which the political subdivision advances monies to the department, the regional planning agency, metropolitan planning organization or council of governments or the designated grant recipient to accelerate a transportation project and under which the recipient of the advanced monies repays the advance.
5. "Transportation project advance revenues" means any revenues a political subdivision receives under a transportation project advance agreement, or as proceeds of transportation project advancement notes, together with any earnings from the investment of the revenues.
6. "Transportation project advancement notes" means notes authorized by this article.