The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-7314 - Publisher powers and duties; award of contract
28-7314. Publisher powers and duties; award of contract
A. The publisher may:
1. Subject to approval of the director, direct the organization of the section of publications and employ or enter into contracts for distribution and wholesale sale of the magazine.
2. Make quarterly reports to the director of expenditures by the section and the work accomplished under the publisher's direction and include other matters as the director deems proper or requires.
3. Make expenditures to advertise and promote the sale and distribution of the publications authorized by this article.
4. Approve claims for expenditures in connection with the publication of the magazine and for expenditures in connection with the publication.
5. Subject to the approval of the director, contract for the publication, production, sale and distribution of sole source creative products. As used in this paragraph, "sole source creative products" means items that in the professional judgment of the publisher are available from a single source, such as material protected by copyright, specific photographs and original artwork, for the magazine or maps, pamphlets and other descriptive material.
B. The director may award a contract to the bidder that has the facilities and equipment to perform all phases of production in a workmanlike and timely manner with the quality and workmanship desired in the publication. A contract period for printing and publishing shall not exceed five years.
C. The publisher may refund all cancelled purchases and subscriptions on claims signed by the publisher.