The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-6991. State highway fund; sources
(L18, Ch. 248, sec. 1, Ch. 307, sec. 7 & Ch. 308, sec. 3)
The state highway fund is established that consists of:
1. Monies distributed from the Arizona highway user revenue fund pursuant to chapter 18 of this title.
2. Monies appropriated by the legislature.
3. Monies received from donations for the construction, improvement or maintenance of state highways or bridges. These monies shall be credited to a special account and shall be spent only for the purpose indicated by the donor.
4. Monies received from counties or cities under cooperative agreements, including proceeds from bond issues. The state treasurer shall deposit these monies to the credit of the fund in a special account on delivery to the treasurer of a concise written agreement between the department and the county or city stating the purposes for which the monies are surrendered by the county or city, and these monies shall be spent only as stated in the agreement.
5. Monies received from the United States under an act of Congress to provide aid for the construction of rural post roads, but monies received on projects for which the monies necessary to be provided by this state are wholly derived from sources mentioned in paragraphs 2 and 3 of this section shall be allotted by the department and deposited by the state treasurer in the special account within the fund established for each project. On completion of the project, on the satisfaction and discharge in full of all obligations of any kind created and on request of the department, the treasurer shall transfer the unexpended balance in the special account for the project into the state highway fund, and the unexpended balance and any further federal aid thereafter received on account of the project may be spent under the general provisions of this title.
6. Monies in the custody of an officer or agent of this state from any source that is to be used for the construction, improvement or maintenance of state highways or bridges.
7. Monies deposited in the state general fund and arising from the disposal of state personal property belonging to the department.
8. Receipts from the sale or disposal of any or all other property held by the department and purchased with state highway monies.
9. Monies generated pursuant to section 28-410.
10. Monies distributed pursuant to section 28-5808, subsection B, paragraph 2, subdivision (d).
11. Monies deposited pursuant to sections 28-1143, 28-2353 and 28-3003.
12. Except as provided in section 28-5101, the following monies:
(a) Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-2206 and section 28-5808, subsection B, paragraph 2, subdivision (e).
(b) One dollar of each registration fee and one dollar of each title fee collected pursuant to section 28-2003.
(c) Two dollars of each late registration penalty collected by the director pursuant to section 28-2162.
(d) The air quality compliance fee collected pursuant to section 49-542.
(e) The special plate administration fees collected pursuant to sections 28-2404, 28-2407, 28-2412 through 28-2416, 28-2416.01, 28-2417 through 28-2462 and 28-2514.
(f) Monies collected pursuant to sections 28-372, 28-2155 and 28-2156 if the director is the registering officer.
13. Monies deposited pursuant to chapter 5, article 5 of this title.
14. Donations received pursuant to section 28-2269.
15. Dealer and registration monies collected pursuant to section 28-4304.
16. Abandoned vehicle administration monies deposited pursuant to section 28-4804.
17. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-710, subsection D, paragraph 2.
18. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-2065.
19. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-7311.
20. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-7059.
21. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-1105.
22. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-2448, subsection D.
23. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-3415.
24. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-3002, subsection A, paragraph 14.
25. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-7316.
26. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-4302.
27. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-3416.
28. Monies deposited pursuant to section 28-4504.