The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-6951. Five year transportation facilities construction program; departmental committee
A. The director shall develop a five year transportation facilities construction program according to the policies established by the board.
B. To aid in the development of the five year transportation facilities construction program, the director shall appoint a departmental committee that is responsible to the director. The departmental committee is subject to title 38, chapter 3, article 3.1.
C. The departmental committee shall:
1. Recommend priorities on transportation facilities construction projects to be constructed by this state that may include any relevant criteria for the development of priority recommendations for the construction and development of transportation facilities to be constructed by this state.
2. Update and prepare annually a long-range statewide transportation facilities construction program covering the following five fiscal years for submission to the board as follows:
(a) The first year of the five year program shall consist of the highest priority transportation facilities construction projects that with reasonable certainty can be advertised for public bidding.
(b) The committee shall group proposed projects for the four remaining years of the five year program by the year it is estimated construction will begin and in order of their priorities.
(c) The committee shall provide the estimated cost of the program for each year that is approximately equal to the revenues estimated to be available for transportation facilities construction purposes during that year.
3. Review priority changes in or introduction of new projects to a proposed or an adopted five year program that the board has requested and make recommendations in a written report to the board on the requested priority changes or introduction of new projects based on a study of the criteria and policy that establish the priorities of projects.
4. Review the adopted five year transportation facilities construction program from time to time during the fiscal year and make recommendations in a written report to the board for priority changes in or introduction of new projects to the program based on a study of the criteria and policy that establish the priorities of projects.
5. Fully document its recommendations in the written reports required by this section.