The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-6921 - State engineer; qualifications; compensation
28-6921. State engineer; qualifications; compensation
A. The director shall appoint a state engineer to administer the division.
B. The state engineer shall be both:
1. A civil engineer registered to practice in this state.
2. Familiar with the theory of and experienced in the practice of highway construction, maintenance, design or engineering.
C. The state engineer:
1. Shall have either:
(a) A thorough knowledge of modern business methods.
(b) At least ten years of experience in a business or profession of which at least four years was in a responsible administrative capacity. All or part of the experience may have been with the United States government, a state or a political subdivision of a state.
2. Shall devote full time to the duties of the office.
3. Shall not engage directly or indirectly in an occupation that conflicts with the state engineer's duties.
4. Is the executive and administrative officer of the division.
5. Has charge of the administration of all highway affairs as authorized by the director.
6. Is eligible to receive compensation pursuant to section 38-611.