The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Declared gross weight" has the same meaning prescribed in section 28-5431. If a declaration has not been made, declared gross weight means gross weight.
2. "Gross weight" has the same meaning prescribed in section 28-5431.
3. "Motor carrier" means a person who operates or causes to be operated a motor vehicle on a public highway.
4. "Motor vehicle" means a self-propelled motor driven vehicle that has a declared gross vehicle weight of more than twelve thousand pounds and that is subject to vehicle registration before lawful operation on the public highways in this state, excluding a motor vehicle that is exempt from gross weight fees pursuant to section 28-5432.
5. "Public highway" means any way or place in this state that is constructed or maintained with public monies and that is open to use by the public as a matter of right for the purpose of vehicular travel, including a highway under construction.