The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-5739. Single trip and other limited use fuel tax permits
A. If a use class motor vehicle is propelled by use fuel and is operated in this state in the course of interstate traffic, the department may issue, in lieu of an interstate user license, a special single trip use fuel tax permit authorizing operation of the vehicle for a single trip through this state or from a point on the Arizona border to a point in this state and return to the border.
B. The fee for the single trip use fuel tax permit is sixty-five dollars for more than fifty miles traveled on the highways in this state and sixteen dollars for fifty miles or less traveled on the highways in this state.
C. The single trip use fuel tax permit is valid for ninety-six hours.
D. The department:
1. Shall issue a single trip use fuel tax permit in duplicate.
2. May issue a single trip use fuel tax permit for a vehicle entering this state at Teec Nos Pos and exiting at Black Rock or entering this state at Black Rock and exiting at Teec Nos Pos even if the vehicle exits and reenters this state during the trip.
3. May issue a special thirty, ninety or one hundred eighty day use fuel tax permit for a use class motor vehicle if the vehicle is in this state for a limited time. The fees for these permits are as follows:
(a) For a thirty day permit, one hundred thirty dollars.
(b) For a ninety day permit, three hundred ninety dollars.
(c) For a one hundred eighty day permit, seven hundred eighty dollars.
E. The director may authorize third parties to issue use fuel tax permits pursuant to this section in accordance with rules adopted by the director.
F. The director shall deposit, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, all fees collected pursuant to this section at ports of entry on the border between this state and Mexico in the safety enforcement and transportation infrastructure fund established by section 28-6547.
G. The fees imposed pursuant to this section do not apply to a use class motor vehicle that is used in the production of:
1. Motion pictures, including films to be shown in theaters and on television.
2. Industrial, training and educational films.
3. Commercials for television.
4. Video discs.