The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. To obtain a license, a supplier shall file with the director an application under oath and in the form the director prescribes including:
1. The name under which the supplier will transact business in this state.
2. The location and address of the supplier's principal office or place of business in this state.
3. The name and complete residence address of either:
(a) The owner.
(b) The partners, if the supplier is a partnership.
(c) The principal officers, if the supplier is a corporation or association.
4. If the supplier is a corporation or association organized under the laws of another state, territory or country, a certified copy of the certificate of license issued by the corporation commission showing that the corporation or association is authorized to transact business in this state.
5. A bond of the character stipulated and in the amount provided for in section 28-5631.
6. A filing fee of fifty dollars.
7. Other information the director requires.
B. A person who desires to precollect the tax imposed by this article as a supplier and who is a permissive supplier may obtain a permissive supplier's license by filing an application as prescribed in subsection A of this section. Application for or possession of a permissive supplier's license does not in itself subject the applicant or licensee to the jurisdiction of this state for any purpose other than administration and enforcement of this article.
C. The director shall not issue a license unless the application is accompanied by the required bond or evidence that the bond exists.
D. The director shall keep and file all applications and bonds with an alphabetical index of the applications and bonds and a record of all licensed suppliers.