The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-5101.01. Authorized third party driver license providers; requirements
A. Beginning on or before June 1, 2014, except as provided in section 28-5101.03, an authorized third party driver license provider must perform both of the following:
1. Driver license skills and written testing.
2. Driver license processing.
B. A person who is a third party driver license provider authorized pursuant to this section may also be authorized pursuant to this article to perform certain title and registration functions.
C. A person who applies for authorization pursuant to this section shall submit with the application all of the following:
1. A bond in a form to be approved by the director and in an amount of at least three hundred thousand dollars for an initial application for authorization pursuant to this section and an additional one hundred thousand dollars for each additional location providing driver license functions prescribed in subsection A of this section, except that if the authorized third party is also authorized pursuant to this article to perform certain title and registration functions at the same location only a single one hundred thousand dollar bond is required for that location. The total bond amount required by this paragraph shall not exceed one million dollars. The bond requirements of this paragraph do not apply to government entities prescribed in section 28-5104, subsection E, paragraphs 1, 2, 3, 5 and 11.
2. Documentation that the applicant satisfies all of the following:
(a) Has been an authorized third party pursuant to this chapter for at least the immediately preceding three years.
(b) Has conducted an average of at least one thousand retention transactions per month for the previous calendar year.
(c) Is in good standing with the department.
(d) Has a facility plan for each location that shows adequate space and equipment necessary to perform the functions prescribed in subsection A of this section.
3. Documentation that the applicant has during business hours at least one certified processor qualified to perform at a minimum all of the following at each location:
(a) Fraudulent document recognition.
(b) Ignition interlock requirements.
(c) Driver license reinstatements.
D. A third party driver license provider authorized pursuant to this section must comply with all quality control requirements prescribed by the department.
E. A third party driver license provider authorized pursuant to subsection A of this section shall not process commercial driver licenses.