The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. A manufacturer, dealer, wholesale motor vehicle auction dealer, distributor, factory branch, distributor branch, field representative or officer or an agent or representative of a manufacturer, dealer, wholesale motor vehicle auction dealer, distributor, factory branch, distributor branch, field representative or officer, on transferring a motor vehicle, whether by sale, lease or otherwise, to a person shall give written or electronic notice of the transfer to the department within fifteen days after the transfer. The notice shall contain the date of the transfer, the names and addresses of the transferor and transferee, the vehicle identification number of the motor vehicle and the make and model year of the motor vehicle.
B. The notice prescribed by subsection A of this section is met by the issuance or submittal of any of the following to the department in a manner prescribed by the director:
1. A temporary registration permit issued by a licensed new motor vehicle dealer or used motor vehicle dealer.
2. A sold notice.
3. A notice of title transfer.
4. A notice of transfer indicating the transfer of ownership from one licensed dealer to another licensed dealer.
5. Any information that is prescribed by the director and that is submitted in an electronic format.
C. The notice prescribed by subsection A of this section that relates to wholesale motor vehicle auction dealers does not apply until both:
1. The department implements a system that allows the wholesale motor vehicle auction dealer to submit the notice electronically to the department individually or through an electronic updating process at the option of the dealer.
2. Ninety days after the department provides written notice of the system's implementation to each wholesale motor vehicle auction dealer.