The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-3395 - Supreme court authority and duties; rules; record
28-3395. Supreme court authority and duties; rules; record
A. The supreme court may contract with a public or private agency that does not provide defensive driving schools in this state pursuant to this article to provide assistance in carrying out the duties of this article.
B. The supreme court shall:
1. Supervise the use of defensive driving schools by the courts in this state.
2. Make public the amount of the court diversion fee assessed by each court in this state pursuant to this article and the total cost to attend a defensive driving school in each court.
3. Establish an automated statewide database for keeping a record of persons who attend a defensive driving school.
4. Adopt rules that establish criteria for the certification of qualified defensive driving schools and instructors used by the courts.
5. Establish procedures for courts and schools to remit reports that are required by the supreme court.
6. Certify and monitor defensive driving schools and instructors that serve as a court authorized diversion program.
7. Require that a defensive driving school class not exceed a total of four and one-half hours, including any testing, reviewing and grading related to the defensive driving school class.
8. Require each defensive driving school to submit to the supreme court the school's future schedule of classroom defensive driving courses, including the dates, start and end times, instructors' names and location for each course. Each scheduled defensive driving school class shall admit only students who are registered with that school. A defensive driving school certified instructor may not teach or facilitate a defensive driving school class for more than one certified defensive driving school during the same class instruction time period. A course's date, time and location may not be changed or canceled except for extraordinary circumstances.
C. The information contained in the database required by this section is not a public record.