The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
Notwithstanding any other provision of this title:
1. A certificate of title is not required for a moped that is registered pursuant to this chapter.
2. A number permanently affixed to the frame of the moped identifies the moped for registration purposes.
3. The license tax imposed by article IX, section 11, Constitution of Arizona, is four dollars fifty cents for each moped registered each year.
4. A moped is exempt from the provisions of section 28-964 relating to required equipment on motorcycles and motor driven cycles and from the provisions of title 49, chapter 3, article 5 relating to vehicle emissions inspections.
5. The motor vehicle fee for registration or reregistration of a moped is five dollars. All other fees applicable to motor vehicles also apply to a moped.
6. Any class of driver license is valid for operating a moped.
7. A moped is restricted from rights-of-way designated for exclusive use by bicycles.