The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
28-2447. Women veteran special plates
A. The department shall design and issue women veteran special plates. Each women veteran special plate shall contain a red, white and blue design and the designation "women veterans" at the bottom of the plate. The department shall design seven different women veteran special plates as follows:
1. One plate shall contain a logo design to be approved by the director and shall be available to any applicant, even if the applicant is not a veteran or a veteran's immediate family member.
2. One plate shall contain a United States army seal.
3. One plate shall contain a United States navy seal.
4. One plate shall contain a United States marine corps seal.
5. One plate shall contain a United States air force seal.
6. One plate shall contain a United States coast guard seal.
7. One plate shall contain a Native American code talker seal.
B. An applicant may select the women veteran special plate design only if the applicant is either:
1. A person who submits satisfactory proof to the department that the person is a veteran.
2. The immediate family member of a person who has been issued a women veteran special plate pursuant to paragraph 1 of this subsection.
C. An applicant who is not described in subsection B of this section may only receive a women veteran special plate design prescribed by subsection A, paragraph 1 of this section.
D. The director may allow a request for women veteran special plates to be combined with a request for personalized special plates. If the director allows such a combination, the request shall be in a form prescribed by the director and is subject to the fees for the personalized special plates in addition to the fees required for the women veteran special plates.
E. Of the $25 fee required by section 28-2402 for the original special plates and for renewal of special plates, $8 is a special plate administration fee and $17 is an annual donation.
F. The department shall deposit, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, all special plate administration fees in the state highway fund established by section 28-6991 and all donations collected pursuant to this section in the veterans' donations fund established by section 41-608.