The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Gross weight" means the weight of a vehicle without a load plus the weight of any load on the vehicle.
2. "License" means any license, temporary instruction permit or temporary license issued under the laws of this state or any other state pertaining to the licensing of persons to operate motor vehicles.
3. "Police officer" means an officer authorized to direct or regulate traffic or make arrests for violations of traffic rules or for other offenses.
4. "Stop", if required, means complete cessation from movement.
5. "Stop, stopping or standing", if prohibited, means any stopping or standing of an occupied or unoccupied vehicle, except when necessary to avoid conflict with other traffic or in compliance with directions of a police officer or traffic control sign or signal.
6. "Traffic" means pedestrians, ridden or herded animals, vehicles and other conveyances either singly or together while using a highway for purposes of travel.