A. An overdimensional permit council is established consisting of the following nine members who are appointed by the governor:
1. One member representing the department of public safety.
2. One member representing the department of transportation.
3. Four members representing motor carriers.
4. One member from a city or town with a population of more than one hundred thousand persons.
5. One member from a city or town with a population of one hundred thousand persons or less.
6. One member representing the governor's office of community and highway safety.
B. The members serve staggered three year terms.
C. The overdimensional permit council shall:
1. Meet at least annually.
2. Select from its members a person to serve as chairperson.
3. Advise and assist the department of transportation in developing rules required to administer this article and article 18 of this chapter.
4. Advise and consult with the motor carrier industry, department of transportation and state and local law enforcement agencies concerning matters relating to overdimensional permits.
5. Establish a mailing list that includes any party expressing an interest in the council's activities. The council shall provide the list to the department of transportation, and the department of transportation shall send notice by first class mail to each person on the list at least fifteen days before the date on which each meeting of the council is to be held.
D. Members of the overdimensional permit council are not eligible to receive compensation or reimbursement for expenses.
E. The overdimensional permit council is subject to title 38, chapter 3, article 3.1.