28-506. Long-range statewide transportation plan; division duties
A. The division shall prepare for presentation to the board a long-range statewide transportation plan. The division shall develop the plan under the board's direction in accordance with the following:
1. The plan shall include all anticipated critical statewide highway system needs for the next twenty years.
2. The plan shall be developed using the planning practices and the performance based planning processes adopted by the board pursuant to section 28-304.
3. To the extent practicable, the plan shall reflect local general land use plans and county comprehensive land use plans.
4. In developing the plan, the division shall consider any information developed as a result of federally mandated planning processes.
5. The plan shall be developed in addition to any federally mandated planning requirements.
6. The division shall develop the plan every five years for review and approval by the board as required by section 28-307.
7. All dollar amounts in the plan shall be expressed in constant dollars denominated in the year of adoption by the board.
8. The division shall annually identify any projects or services that should be considered for inclusion in the next plan.
B. The plan shall include:
1. All projects included in the plan adopted pursuant to section 28-307 and all projects included in the five year transportation facilities construction program developed pursuant to section 28-6951. These projects shall be specifically identified pursuant to subsections C and D of this section.
2. In addition to the projects identified in paragraph 1 of this subsection, lump sum cost estimates for all other components of the statewide highway system pursuant to subsection E of this section.
C. For each statewide transportation project included in the plan, the division shall determine and include in the plan the following:
1. A detailed description of the project, including the location of the project.
2. Estimates of any revenues directly attributable to the project, including passenger charges, tolls and user charges.
3. The anticipated performance outcomes associated with the project.
D. For each transportation capital project included in the plan, the division shall determine separately the cost estimates for each of the following:
1. Right-of-way acquisition and preparation.
2. Project design, planning and engineering.
3. Project construction.
4. Any other related project costs.
E. The division shall develop and include in the plan separate cost estimates for the following:
1. Optimal long-term system preservation of each major transportation system component.
2. Appropriate comprehensive system management.
3. Appropriate system maintenance and operations.
F. To the extent the division is not able to determine any information required in subsection C or D of this section, the division shall develop a reasonable estimate in lieu of the actual information.
G. The division shall develop an estimate of projected revenues for the twenty year period of the plan based on:
1. Existing and enacted future revenue rates and schedules.
2. Reasonable expected future changes in revenue rates and schedules.
H. If the revenues estimated pursuant to subsection G, paragraph 1 or 2 of this section are less than the estimated cost of the plan, the division shall identify the specific portions of the plan that could be completed with the revenues estimated pursuant to subsection G, paragraphs 1 and 2 of this section.
I. For the plan, and the portions of the plan determined pursuant to subsection H of this section, the division shall identify the years in which projects in the plan would likely be initiated and completed.
J. The division shall estimate the anticipated performance outcomes of:
1. The plan as developed by the division.
2. The portion of the plan that could be completed with the revenue estimate determined pursuant to subsection G, paragraph 1 of this section.
3. The portion of the plan that could be completed with the revenue estimate determined pursuant to subsection G, paragraph 2 of this section.
K. The division shall maintain information developed concerning the projects and costs identified in the course of developing the plan in a geographically oriented database established and maintained in accordance with section 28-507.