The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
1. "Application" means a request under the convention by an obligee or obligor, or on behalf of a child, made through a central authority for assistance from another central authority.
2. "Central authority" means the entity designated by the United States or a foreign country described in section 25-1202, paragraph 5, subdivision (d) to perform the functions specified in the convention.
3. "Convention support order" means a support order of a tribunal of a foreign country described in section 25-1202, paragraph 5, subdivision (d).
4. "Direct request" means a petition filed by an individual in a tribunal of this state in a proceeding involving an obligee, obligor or child residing outside the United States.
5. "Foreign central authority" means the entity designated by a foreign country described in section 25-1202 to perform the functions specified in the convention.
6. "Foreign support agreement":
(a) Means an agreement for support in a record to which all of the following apply:
(i) It is enforceable as a support order in the country of origin.
(ii) It has been formally drawn up or registered as an authentic instrument by a foreign tribunal or authenticated by, or concluded, registered or filed with, a foreign tribunal.
(iii) It may be reviewed and modified by a foreign tribunal.
(b) Includes a maintenance arrangement or authentic instrument under the convention.
7. "United States central authority" means the secretary of the United States department of health and human services.