The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Department" means the labor department of the industrial commission of Arizona.
2. "Employee" means any person who performs services for an employer under a contract of employment either made in this state or to be performed wholly or partly within this state.
3. "Employer" means any individual, partnership, association, joint stock company, trust or corporation, the administrator or executor of the estate of a deceased individual or the receiver, trustee or successor of any of such persons employing any person. Employer also includes this state and any county, municipality, school district or other political subdivision of this state.
4. "Hours worked" includes all time an employee is employed.
5. "Minimum wage" means the nondiscretionary minimum compensation due an employee by reason of employment, including the employee's commissions, but excluding tips or gratuities.
6. "Payroll card account" means an account that is directly or indirectly established through an employer and to which electronic fund transfers of an employee's wages are made on a recurring basis whether the account is operated or managed by the employer, a third-party payroll processor, a depository institution or any other person.
7. "Wages" means nondiscretionary compensation due an employee in return for labor or services rendered by an employee for which the employee has a reasonable expectation to be paid whether determined by a time, task, piece, commission or other method of calculation.