The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
16-906. Committee statement of organization; amendment; committee limitation
A. A committee shall file a statement of organization with the filing officer within ten days after qualifying as a committee.
B. A statement of organization shall include the following committee information:
1. The committee name, mailing address, e-mail address, website, if any, and telephone number, if any, and the type of committee. The committee name shall include:
(a) For a candidate committee, the candidate's first or last name and, if the candidate has a candidate committee open for more than one office, the office sought.
(b) For a political action committee that is sponsored, the sponsor's name or commonly known nickname.
2. The name, mailing address, e-mail address, website, if any, and telephone number of any sponsor.
3. The name, physical location or street address, e-mail address, telephone number, occupation and employer of the committee's chairperson and treasurer. For a candidate committee, the candidate may serve as both chairperson and treasurer.
4. For a candidate committee for a partisan office, the candidate's party affiliation.
5. A listing of all banks or other financial institutions used by the committee.
6. A statement that the committee chairperson and committee treasurer have read the filing officer's campaign finance and reporting guide, agree to comply with this article and articles 1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 and 1.7 of this chapter, and agree to accept all notifications and service of process via the e-mail address provided by the committee.
C. A committee shall file an amended statement of organization within ten days after any change in committee information.
D. On filing a statement of organization, the filing officer shall issue an identification number to the committee.
E. A standing committee shall file a statement of organization with the secretary of state and a copy of the statement in each jurisdiction in which the committee is active. Only the secretary of state shall issue an identification number.
F. A candidate may have only one committee in existence for the same office during the same election cycle.
G. On filing a statement of organization, a political action committee or political party may perform any lawful activity, including making contributions, making expenditures or conducting issue advocacy, without establishing a separate committee for each activity or specifying each activity in its statement of organization.