The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
15-1868 - Community college districts; committee on free expression; annual report
15-1868. Community college districts; committee on free expression; annual report
A. The community college district governing boards shall each establish a committee on free expression.
B. Each committee on free expression shall submit an annual report on or before December 1 to the governor, the speaker of the house of representatives and the president of the senate and submit a copy of the annual report to the secretary of state. Each community college district shall post a copy of the annual report on its respective website. The annual report shall include:
1. A description of any barriers to or disruptions of free expression within the community colleges in this state.
2. A description of the administrative handling and discipline relating to barriers to or disruptions of free expression within the community colleges in this state.
3. A description of substantial difficulties, controversies or successes in maintaining a posture of administrative and institutional neutrality.
4. Any assessments, criticisms, commendations or recommendations that the committee decides to include in the annual report.
5. An accounting of how student activity fees were allocated in the prior year. For the purposes of this paragraph, "student activity fees" means any fee that is charged to students by a community college in this state and that is used to support and facilitate the expression and activities of students or student organizations.