The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 53rd Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2019.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
15-1636. Lease of real property and improvements in research park; prohibited and permitted uses
A. The board shall not lease real property located in an area defined as a research park pursuant to section 35-701 unless the lease contains a covenant that prohibits unlimited manufacturing on the site and allows the board to enforce the covenant by appropriate means, which may include termination of the lease.
B. The board may take title to and lease improvements constructed on land located in an area defined as a research park pursuant to section 35-701 if the lease contains a covenant that restricts the use of the subject property to the uses permitted under this section. The lease shall allow the board to enforce the covenant by appropriate means, including termination of the lease. The board may lease unimproved lots or parcels located in an area defined as a research park pursuant to section 35-701 for any use by a lessee.
C. The requirements of subsection B of this section do not apply to improvements constructed before July 20, 1996 or to a lease entered into between the board and a lessee, subsidiary, successor, sublessee or assignee of a lessee, who originally entered into any lease with the board before July 31, 1996.
D. The subject property may be used only for the following purposes:
1. Laboratories, offices and other facilities for testing, consulting and information processing, related to research and development.
2. Production, assembly or sale of products pursuant to research and development activities.
3. Pilot plants in which processes planned for use in production elsewhere can be tested and assembled.
4. Regional or national headquarters of the lessee or its subsidiaries that are engaged in research and development or education activities.
5. Education and training facilities.
6. Operations required to maintain or support any permitted use, including maintenance shops, power plants, wastewater treatment facilities, the keeping of animals, machine shops, common area improvements and facilities and professional and commercial services supporting permitted uses, such as child development centers, food services and post office and mailing centers.