The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
15-823.01 - Admission of nonresident pupils; active military duty; definitions
15-823.01. Admission of nonresident pupils; active military duty; definitions
A. Notwithstanding any other law, a pupil complies with the residency requirements for school attendance in a local education agency if the parent of the pupil is transferred to or is pending transfer to a military installation within this state while on active military duty pursuant to an official military order.
B. A local education agency shall accept an application for enrollment and course registration by electronic means for a pupil who meets the requirements prescribed in subsection A of this section, including enrollment in a specific school or program within the local education agency.
C. The parent of a pupil who meets the requirement prescribed in subsection A of this section shall provide proof of residence to the local education agency within ten days after the arrival date provided on official documentation. The parent may use the address of any of the following as proof of residence for the purposes of this subsection:
1. A temporary on-base billeting facility.
2. A purchased or leased home or apartment.
3. Any federal government housing or off-base military housing, including off-base military housing that may be provided through a public-private venture.
D. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Active military duty" means full-time military duty status in the active uniformed service of the United States, including members of the national guard and the state military reserve on active duty orders.
2. "Military installation" means a base, camp, post, station, yard, center, homeport facility for any ship or other installation under the jurisdiction of the United States department of defense or the United States coast guard.