The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2022.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Nonresident pupil" means a pupil who resides in this state and who is enrolled in or is seeking enrollment in a school district other than the school district in which the pupil resides.
2. "Open enrollment" means a policy that is adopted and implemented by a school district governing board to allow resident transfer pupils to enroll in any school within the school district, to allow resident pupils to enroll in any school located within other school districts in this state and to allow nonresident pupils to enroll in any school within the district pursuant to section 15-816.01.
3. "Resident pupil" means a pupil whose residence is within the attendance area of a school.
4. "Resident school" means a school that is within the designated attendance area in which a pupil resides.
5. "Resident transfer pupil" means a resident pupil who is enrolled in or seeking enrollment in a school that is within the school district but outside the attendance area of the pupil's residence.