The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Career and technical education and vocational education" means vocational and technical preparation programs for pupils in grades nine through twelve.
2. "Occupation" means the principal employment, paid or unpaid, of a person.
3. "Program improvement services" means those activities, services and functions carried out to develop, support and improve the quality of career and technical education and vocational education programs, including teacher education, curriculum, guidance and administration.
4. "Program standards" means models designed to serve as a guide in the establishment, maintenance and evaluation of quality career and technical, vocational, and technical education programs.
5. "Training provider" means an agency, council or organization providing career and technical education and vocational education or employment training, or both.
6. "Unpaid employment" means work in recognized occupations for which there is no direct financial compensation.
7. "Vocational and technical preparation" means an organized set of specialized courses which is directly related to the preparation of persons for occupations that normally do not require a baccalaureate or advanced degree for paid or unpaid employment or advancement and which is designed in total to provide a pupil with sufficient skills for entry into an occupation.