13-3119 - Misconduct involving weapons in a secured area of an airport; classification; definitions
13-3119. Misconduct involving weapons in a secured area of an airport; classification; definitions
A. A person commits misconduct involving weapons by intentionally carrying, possessing or exercising control over a deadly weapon in a secured area of an airport.
B. This section does not apply to:
1. A peace officer or a federally sworn officer while in the actual performance of the officer's duties.
2. A member of the military forces of the United States or of any state of the United States in the actual performance of the member's official duties.
3. An individual who is authorized by a federal agency in the actual performance of the individual's official duties.
4. General aviation areas not included in the security identification display area or sterile area as defined in the airport security program approved by the transportation security administration.
5. The lawful transportation of deadly weapons in accordance with state and federal law.
C. A violation of this section is a class 1 misdemeanor.
D. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Deadly weapon" has the same meaning prescribed in section 13-105.
2. "Secured area of an airport" means any area of an airport specified in an airport security program that is authorized and approved by the United States transportation security administration pursuant to 49 United States Code section 44903(h)(7)(F) and defined in 49 Code of Federal Regulations section 1540.5.