The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Deliver" means any of the following:
(a) To hand deliver.
(b) To mail by regular first class mail to the address which the sender determines through reasonable good faith efforts to be best calculated to reach the recipient in a timely manner.
(c) To serve on a party pursuant to the rules of civil procedure applicable to a summons.
2. "Exempt monies or property" means monies or property that, pursuant to a state or federal law, is not subject to judicial process, including execution, attachment, garnishment, replevin, sale or any final process issued from any court or any other judicial remedy provided for the collection of debts.
3. "Good faith" means honesty in fact in the conduct or transaction concerned.
4. "Judgment creditor" means a person or entity that has a money judgment or an order for support of a person that is due and unpaid or an order pursuant to chapter 14 of this title allowing him to garnish monies, personal property or shares of stock before final judgment on the underlying action.
5. "Judgment debtor" means a person or entity against which a money judgment has been awarded or against which an order for support of a person is due and unpaid or against which an order pursuant to chapter 14 of this title has been entered.
6. "Monies" includes cash, credit and accounts, but does not include earnings as defined in section 12-1598, paragraph 4.
7. "Nonexempt monies or property" means monies or property which are not restricted by law from judicial process.
8. "Personal property" means all property and interests to which a security interest may be perfected pursuant to title 47, chapter 9, except accounts.