The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2024.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
12-514 - Civil action arising from sexual conduct or sexual contact committed against a minor; failure to report; statute of limitations; definitions
12-514. Civil action arising from sexual conduct or sexual contact committed against a minor; failure to report; statute of limitations; definitions
A. Notwithstanding sections 12-505, 12-511 and 12-542, an action for the recovery of damages that is based on either of the following shall be commenced within twelve years after the plaintiff reaches eighteen years of age and not afterward:
1. An injury that a minor suffers as a result of another person's negligent or intentional act if that act is a cause of sexual conduct or sexual contact committed against the minor.
2. The failure to report pursuant to section 13-3620 sexual conduct or sexual contact committed against a minor.
B. For the purposes of this section:
1. "Person" means an individual, the United States, this state or a public or private corporation, local government unit, public agency, partnership, association, firm, trust or estate or any other legal entity.
2. "Sexual conduct" means sexual conduct as proscribed by section 13-1405.
3. "Sexual contact" has the same meaning prescribed in section 13-1401.