The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 55th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 56th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2023.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
10-122. Filing, service and copying fees; expedited report filing and access; same day and next day services; posted wait times; advance monies; definition
A. The commission shall collect and deposit, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, the following nonrefundable fees when the documents described in this subsection are delivered to the commission:
1. Articles of incorporation $50
2. Application for use of indistinguishable name 10
3. Application for reserved name 10
4. Notice of transfer of reserved name 10
5. Application for registered name 10
6. Application for renewal of registered name 10
7. Agent's statement of resignation 10
8. Amendment of articles of incorporation 25
9. Restatement of articles of incorporation with
amendment of articles 25
10. Statement of merger, interest exchange,
conversion, domestication or division if the
entity responsible for filing the statement
is a corporation 100
11. Articles of dissolution 25
12. Articles of revocation of dissolution 25
13. Application for reinstatement following
administrative dissolution, in addition
to other fees and penalties due 100
14. Application for authority 150
15. Application for withdrawal 25
16. Annual report 45
17. Articles of correction 25
18. Application for certificate of good standing 10
19. Any other document required or permitted
to be filed by chapters 1 through 17
of this title 25
B. The commission shall collect a nonrefundable fee of twenty-five dollars each time process is served on it under chapters 1 through 17 of this title. The party to a proceeding causing service of process is entitled to recover this fee as costs if the party prevails in the proceeding.
C. The commission shall charge and collect a reasonable fee for copying documents on request, provided the fee does not exceed the cost of providing the service as determined by the commission. The commission shall also charge a reasonable fee for certifying the copy of a filed document, provided the fee does not exceed the cost of providing the service as determined by the commission.
D. A penalty of one hundred dollars payable in addition to other fees accrues and is payable if a foreign corporation fails to file an amendment, restated articles that include an amendment, or articles of merger within sixty days after the time of filing in the jurisdiction in which the corporation is domiciled. The penalty collected pursuant to this subsection shall be deposited, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, in the state general fund.
E. One-third of the fees for the annual report of domestic and foreign corporations paid pursuant to subsection A, paragraph 16 of this section shall be deposited in the Arizona arts trust fund established by section 41-983.01 and two-thirds of these fees shall be deposited, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, in the public access fund established by section 10-122.01.
F. The commission shall provide for and establish an expedited service for the filing of all documents and services provided pursuant to this title as follows:
1. The expedited filing shall be a priority service to be completed as soon as possible after the documents are delivered to the commission.
2. In addition to any other fees required by this section or any other law, the commission shall charge a nonrefundable fee for expedited services, including those requested by fax. The fee shall be determined by a supermajority vote of the commissioners.
3. The commission may provide for and establish same day and next day services for the filing of any documents and services provided pursuant to this title as follows:
(a) The commission shall suspend same day or next day service if the commission determines that it does not have the necessary resources to perform the service within the established time period.
(b) In addition to any other fees required by this section or any other law, the commissioners may charge a nonrefundable fee for the same day or next day service or both. The fee shall be determined by a supermajority vote of the commissioners.
4. The commission shall publicly post the current wait times for processing regular, expedited and same day and next day services.
G. The commission may charge persons who access the commission's data processing system that is maintained pursuant to section 10-122.01 from remote locations and persons requesting special computer generated printouts, reports and tapes a reasonable fee that does not exceed the cost of the time, equipment and personnel necessary to provide this service or product as determined by the commission.
H. Except as provided in section 10-122.01, subsection B, paragraph 3, in addition to any fee charged pursuant to this section, the commission may charge and collect the following nonrefundable fees to help defray the cost of the improved data processing system that is maintained pursuant to section 10-122.01:
1. Filing articles of incorporation of a domestic corporation, ten dollars.
2. Filing an application of a foreign corporation for authority to transact business in this state, twenty-five dollars.
I. All monies received pursuant to subsections F, G and H of this section shall be deposited, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, in the public access fund established by section 10-122.01.
J. Fees charged pursuant to this section are exempt from section 39-121.03, subsection A, paragraph 3.
K. The commission may allow any person to advance monies to the commission to pay fees required pursuant to this section for future filings and services. All monies received pursuant to this subsection shall be deposited, pursuant to sections 35-146 and 35-147, in the money on deposit account in the public access fund established by section 10-122.01.
L. In addition to any other fees prescribed by law, the commission may establish a fee for the filing of an annual benefit report delivered to the commission pursuant to section 10-2442. The fee shall be determined by a majority vote of the commissioners.
M. For the purposes of this section, "supermajority" means an affirmative vote of at least four commissioners.