The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
3. Third Monday in January, "Martin Luther King, Jr./Civil Rights Day".
4. Third Monday in February, "Lincoln/Washington Presidents' Day".
5. Second Sunday in May, "Mothers' Day".
6. Last Monday in May, "Memorial Day".
7. June 2, "Native American Day".
8. Third Sunday in June, "Fathers' Day".
9. July 4, "Independence Day".
10. First Sunday in August, "American Family Day".
11. First Monday in September, "Labor Day".
12. September 17, "Constitution Commemoration Day".
13. Second Monday in October, "Columbus Day".
14. November 11, "Veterans' Day".
15. Fourth Thursday in November, "Thanksgiving Day".
16. December 25, "Christmas Day".
B. When any of the holidays enumerated in subsection A of this section falls on a Sunday, the following Monday shall be observed as a holiday, with the exception of the holidays enumerated in subsection A, paragraphs 1, 5, 7, 8, 10 and 12 of this section.
C. When any of the holidays enumerated in subsection A, paragraphs 2, 9, 14 and 16 of this section falls on a Saturday, the preceding Friday shall be observed as a holiday.
D. When the holiday enumerated in subsection A, paragraph 7 of this section falls on a day other than Sunday, the Sunday following June 2 shall be observed as that holiday.
E. When the holiday enumerated in subsection A, paragraph 12 of this section falls on a day other than Sunday, the Sunday preceding September 17 shall be observed as that holiday.