The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Branch office" means any place of business maintained by a licensee in addition to the principal place of business of a licensee.
2. "Insured" means any person covered under an insurance contract or other evidence of insurance coverage subject to regulation under title 20.
3. "Insurer" has the same meaning as defined by section 20-104.
4. "Managing general agent" has the same meaning prescribed in section 20-311.
5. "Premium finance agreement" means a written agreement by which an insured or prospective insured agrees to pay to a premium finance company the amount advanced or to be advanced under the written agreement to an insurance producer in payment of premiums of an insurance contract together with interest or discount and a service charge as authorized and limited by this article.
6. "Premium finance company" means a person engaged in whole or in part in the business of financing insurance premiums, entering into premium finance agreements with insureds or otherwise acquiring premium finance agreements from insurance producers or other premium finance companies.