The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
1. The United States or any department or agency of the United States.
2. This state, including any political subdivision of this state.
B. This chapter does not apply to the following if engaged in the regular course of their respective businesses, except that the provisions of article 2 of this chapter apply to:
1. A bank, financial institution holding company, credit union, savings and loan association or savings bank, whether organized under the laws of any state or the United States when the term "money transmitter" is used.
2. A person who engages in check cashing or foreign money exchange and engages in other activity regulated under this chapter only as an authorized delegate of a licensee acting within the scope of the contract between the authorized delegate and the licensee.
3. A person licensed pursuant to chapter 5, 6, 7 or 8 of this title, chapter 9, article 2 of this title, chapter 12.1 of this title or title 32, chapter 9.