The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this chapter, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Acquisition of control" means a transaction by which a person obtains, directly or indirectly, control of a financial institution.
2. "Application" means an application which is made pursuant to this article for approval of the superintendent to become a financial institution holding company.
3. "Control" means direct or indirect ownership or power to vote twenty-five per cent or more of the outstanding voting securities of a financial institution or controlling person or to control in any manner the election of a majority of the directors of a financial institution or controlling person. For the purposes of determining the percentage of voting securities owned, controlled or held by a person, there shall be aggregated with the voting securities attributed to the person the voting securities of any other person directly or indirectly controlling, controlled by or under common control with the other person, by any officer, partner, employee or agent of the person or by any spouse, parent or child of the person.
4. "Controlling person" means a person who is directly or indirectly in control of a financial institution.
5. "Financial institution" means banks, trust companies, savings and loan associations, international banking facilities, and holding companies of banks, trust companies, savings and loan associations and international banking facilities under the jurisdiction of the department.
6. "Financial institution holding company" means a corporation, trust, association, partnership or similar organization which directly or indirectly, acting through one or more persons, controls a financial institution or a controlling person.
7. "Voting security" means any security presently entitling the owner or holder of the security to vote for the election of directors of a financial institution or controlling person, excluding, in the case of a savings and loan association, votes attributable to savings accounts. A specified percentage of outstanding voting securities is the amount of the outstanding voting securities that entitles the holder or holders of the securities to cast that specified percentage of the aggregate votes which the holders of all outstanding voting securities are entitled to cast.