The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
6-973. Licensing commercial mortgage bankers required; qualifications
A. A person shall not act as a commercial mortgage banker without a license issued under this article.
B. A person who engages in commercial mortgage banking need not be licensed under article 1 or 2 of this chapter or chapter 7 of this title if the person is licensed under this article.
C. The superintendent shall not grant a commercial mortgage banker's license to a person, other than a natural person, who is not registered to do business in this state on the date the license is granted. The superintendent shall not issue to or renew a commercial mortgage banker's license of an applicant unless the applicant meets all of the requirements prescribed in subsection D of this section. The superintendent shall determine whether the applicant meets the requirements based on the application, and evidence presented at a hearing, if any, or any other evidence that the superintendent may have regarding the applicant's qualifications.
D. In order to qualify for a commercial mortgage banker's license or a renewal of such a license an applicant shall:
1. Have at least three years' experience in the commercial mortgage business or equivalent experience in a related business. If the applicant is not a natural person, the responsible individual shall meet this requirement.
2. Have made in the past or intend to make or negotiate or offer to make or negotiate commercial mortgage loans.
3. Provide the superintendent with a current audited financial statement or that of its parent company prepared by an independent certified public accountant according to generally accepted accounting principles including:
(a) The certified public accountant's opinion as to the fairness of the presentation according to generally accepted accounting principles.
(b) A balance sheet prepared within the immediately preceding six months and certified by the licensee. The superintendent may require a more recent balance sheet.
(c) If the applicant has begun operations, a statement of operations and retained earnings and a statement of changes in financial position.
(d) Notes to the financial statement if applicable.
4. Have and maintain at all times a net worth of at least one hundred thousand dollars.
E. Notwithstanding subsection D, paragraph 3 of this section, licensees and applicants whose own resources are derived exclusively from correspondent contracts with institutional investors shall provide the superintendent with a current financial statement or that of its parent company prepared according to generally accepted accounting principles including:
1. A balance sheet prepared within the immediately preceding six months and certified by the licensee. The superintendent may require a more recent balance sheet.
2. If the applicant has begun operations, a statement of operations and retained earnings and a statement of changes in financial position.
3. Notes to the financial statement if applicable.