The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 55th Legislature, 1st Regular Session, which convenes in January 2021.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
In this article, unless the context otherwise requires:
1. "Affiliate" means an entity that directly or indirectly, through one or more intermediaries, controls, is controlled by or is under common control with the specified entity.
2. "Commercial mortgage banker" means a person who engages in the following:
(a) Originating commercial mortgage loans.
(b) Servicing commercial mortgage loans.
(c) Either directly or indirectly making, negotiating or offering to make or negotiate commercial mortgage loans.
3. "Commercial mortgage loan" means a loan that is directly or indirectly secured by a mortgage or deed of trust or any lien interest on commercial property and created with the consent of the owner of the commercial property.
4. "Commercial mortgage loan closing" means the day by which all documents relating to the commercial mortgage loan have been executed and recorded and all monies have been accounted for under the terms of the escrow instructions.
5. "Commercial property" means real estate that is located in this state and that is not used for a one to four family residence.
6. "Compensation" means anything of value or any benefit including points, commissions, bonuses, referral fees, loan origination fees and other similar fees but excluding periodic interest resulting from the application of the note rate of interest to the outstanding principal balance remaining unpaid from time to time.
7. "Institutional investor" means a person who in the regular course of business makes commercial mortgage loans of more than two hundred fifty thousand dollars that are funded exclusively from the institutional investor's own resources.
8. "Investor" means a person who directly or indirectly provides monies to a commercial mortgage banker that are, or are intended to be, used to make a loan, and any person who purchases a loan, or any interest in a loan, from a commercial mortgage banker or in a transaction that has been directly or indirectly arranged or negotiated by a commercial mortgage banker.
9. "License" means a license issued under this article.
10. "Licensee" means a person who is licensed under this article.
11. "Own resources" means any of the following:
(a) Cash, corporate capital, warehouse credit lines at commercial banks, savings banks or savings and loan associations or other sources that are liability items on the person's financial statements.
(b) Correspondent contracts between the commercial mortgage banker and an institutional investor, bank, savings bank, trust company, savings and loan association, credit union, profit sharing or pension trust, consumer lender or insurance company.
(c) The person's affiliates' cash, corporate capital, warehouse credit lines at commercial banks or other sources that are liability items on the affiliates' financial statements for which the affiliates' assets are pledged.
12. "Servicing commercial mortgage loans" means collecting payments at a location in this state on commercial mortgage loans, including:
(c) Trust items such as hazard insurance premiums, taxes and various reserves on an obligation under the terms of the obligation.
(d) Operational procedures covering accounting, bookkeeping, insurance, tax records, loan payment follow-up, delinquency loan follow-up, loan analysis and property valuation.