The Arizona Revised Statutes have been updated to include the revised sections from the 54th Legislature, 1st Regular Session. Please note that the next update of this compilation will not take place until after the conclusion of the 54th Legislature, 2nd Regular Session, which convenes in January 2020.
This online version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is primarily maintained for legislative drafting purposes and reflects the version of law that is effective on January 1st of the year following the most recent legislative session. The official version of the Arizona Revised Statutes is published by Thomson Reuters.
A. Except as provided by subsection B, an escrow agent may only disburse money out of an escrow account if deposits are previously made that are at least equal to the disbursements and the deposits relate directly to the transaction for which the money is being disbursed. The deposits shall be in at least one of the following forms:
1. Wire transfers so that the monies are received by the escrow agent or the agent's depository.
2. Except as provided in paragraphs 1, 4 and 5, checks, drafts, negotiable orders of withdrawal, money orders or any other item that has become available for withdrawal in accordance with the federal expedited funds availability act (P.L. 100-86; 101 Stat. 635; 12 United States Code section 4001).
3. Credit transfers through the automated clearing house that are deemed available by the depository institution receiving the credits. The credits must conform to the operating rules set forth by a national automated clearing house association.
4. Cashier's checks, certified checks or teller's checks that have been deposited in the escrow agent's depository account.
5. Checks made by an affiliate of a state or federally regulated depository institution where the check is drawn on the affiliated depository institution so that the monies are deposited in the escrow agent's depository account.
B. An escrow agent may disburse up to five hundred dollars per transaction or any funds that are available as cash without complying with subsection A.
C. Subsection A does not apply to account servicing.